autox-cm

Cost of CM

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Cost of CM
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:57:48 -0500
I have a friend (yes, believe it or not) that may be interested in the
purchase of a CM vehicle.

I have often preached that CM is one of the least expensive classes for a
serious competitor since upkeep is simple and depreciation is low.  If
anyone out there can send me an approximate budget for a 15 event annual
schedule, I would like to pass this on to my friend.  I am looking for
maintenance and expendables such as tires, not travel costs.

I assume that he will be looking at a current Solo vehicle with gears, etc
already changed.  I also assume he will be looking at cars for $8K or less.

Your info would be appreciated.

thanks,

Greg

///