autox-cm

Re: Cost of CM

To: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Cost of CM
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 10:39:21 -0400
At 08:46 AM 4/21/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Dick:
>
>For whatever it's worth, I have used a set of Ferodo HP street pads on the
>Ralt
>since I purchased it.  They have always been very consistent, even when cold.
>
>They have never shown any sign of fade, even when running a Solo Trials with
>high speeds (100+ mph) and one run lasting about 10 minutes.
>
>Just FYI
>
>Greg

Greg,

Thanks. I replied privately to Jim last night with the following which is
consistent with your experience. Nice thing about our real race cars is
that they have plenty of braking. We won't talk about what my 2001 Mustang
GT did to a set of expensive track pads in a driver's school last weekend.:-)

"Jim,

I run Hawk HPS which is their street only pad. They may not be easy to find
for the LD 19 calipers so if your normal source doesn't have them try Essex
Parts Services in Cumming, GA  770-889-4096 which is where I got mine. I
ran the HP Plus pads for about a year but decided that they were too likely
to lock a wheel. They did work cold, however. The HPS pads don't dust (a
bonus). The HP Plus pads dust a lot. Note that I run undrilled rotors.

I NEVER have had any indication of brake fade with either Hawk pad or the
Mintex 121 street pads I ran previously until I finally wore them out and
couldn't get more since they contained asbestos. I even used the Mintex
pads on race tracks at the recommendation of people who used to race my
type of Van Diemen."
Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford