autox-cm

Re: Asphalt and jump batteries

To: The Fortinis <lbracing@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Asphalt and jump batteries
From: "Bill Engle, Sr." <whesr@iglou.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:03:33 -0400
That idea dates to the time when batteries were cased with hard rubber.
If they were left on a damp concrete floor they would lose some of their
charge, and they didn't have all that much to begin with.  The new
plastic cases do not have that problem, especially for the short term.
The only possible effect is when the concrete is cold it would lower the
temperature of the battery which would cause it to discharge faster than
on a piece of wood for insulation.

Bill Engle, Sr.