autox-cm

Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis

To: "Tyson Sawyer" <tyson@j3.org>, "CHARLES J VOBORIL"
Subject: Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:16:41 -0800
Tyson said:
> Overall, _I_ like the direction of this suggestion.  The primary concern
> would be the long term effect of arbitrarily adding more classes.

I'll use one of my previous statements in the context of this "primary
concern" ...

It does not make sense to add more classes unless you have participants to
fill them, or at a minimum, believe in "if you build it, they will come."

I personally strongly doubt that adding more Formula Car classes will bring
more competitors, as autocrossers who strive to be Formula Car competitors
can already find cars to buy and drive.  There is no barrier there.

If you want to add classes, you have to add competitors -- and if you want
to add competitors, there's only one way: contingencies.