autox-cm

Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis

To: awhollis@swbell.net
Subject: Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis
From: Jim and Rose Ann <garryj@localnet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:41:54 -0500
This is all very interesting but it's extremely important to stop and
ask some questions .... what is it we are trying to do and what is the
goal and what is broken that we are trying to fix?

The only input over the past week that comes close to one of these
questions occurred today when Greg wrote "I know I would like to see BM
closer to 30 entries at Nationals!"    So just stop there and attend to
that issue.

CM, EM, FM are well subscribed classes.   So no one should want to mess
with them.
DM has problems but some of the participants in that class are their own
worst enemy.
AM was a bit down in 2003 but as Tyson wrote, we should have that class
regardless.
So that leaves BM as an issue.  I have no suggestions other than to
concentrate on BM if ... IF ... there is something that B Mod
participants want to change/improve.

A general academic conversation about all this stuff can be fun but it
is pointless unless someone sees a problem to attend to and sets a
goal.    This was not the issue with CM and F2000s.   There is no
problem with CM, thus we can leave CM out of the picture.   If BM is the
target of wanting to "fix" something, then concentrate on BM.

Very sincerely yours,
Jim Garry