Re: New car classifications

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New car classifications
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:54:03 -0500
Ok, time to take it easy on the US vs. Import thing....
NOTHING is 100% American, or whatever the native country is.

You find the most American car, and I'll find something foreign in it.

You can't even make sure the $$ reaches an American company. All the
American companies have overseas 'branches'. Some own (wholly, or partly)
overseas car companies.  How 'bout Daimler/Chrysler. Doesn't that make their
cars German? Are Jaguar, Lamborghini, or Volvo American cars now?

Suppose Toyota moved their entire headquarters here in the states and then
moved at least as much production as the big 3 have here as well. Would that
make them more accepted into something like NASCAR? I highly doubt it..

If you take the thin gray line between the black and white lanes, and blur
it enough, you get the gray highway where the only black and white are the
berms on either side.

Mike