Re: Blast from the Past

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blast from the Past
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:09:42 EDT
The Oldsmobile with the turbo was labeled the "Jetfire", as has been said.
The little alloy V-8 is still popular with some rodders and racers.  Wasn't
it also the TR8 motor?

My brother had a V-8 Starfire (n/a) and the family had a Corvair (also n/a),
but one of my high school friends had the Jetfire.  I may have been new to
driving, and therefore impressionable, but...  That car was FAST!

A year or two ago someone offered one described as "original" for sale via
a flyer on the local post office bulletin board.  I should have gone and
looked
at it, but value domestic harmony too much to bring home another car.  Seems
to me that particular version of the Olds must be quite uncommon now, and the
asking price was $6500, I think...  Hmmm....

Alan Sheidler
(still have the '66 Corvair Dad traded the '64 for...)