Re: C4 Vette Numbers

To: "Spitzer, Charlie" <Charlie_Spitzer@stratus.com>
Subject: Re: C4 Vette Numbers
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 18:55:49 -0700
"Spitzer, Charlie" wrote:

> well, here in Phoenix, there are at least 4 vette clubs participating in
> Vette-only autoxing. I suppose we get 60-80 Vettes (with a good 75% being
> C4's) to come out, with 10-12 races/year. Of those, I would guess we see no
> more than 10 cars, and probably closer to 5, come out to the SCCA races
> simply because they don't want to compete against other types for whatever
> reason (snobbishness, perceived unfairness, etc).

Check our events results more closely:

http://www.autocrossing.com/cgibin/results.cgi

That's the average Ladies SSL class number - add to that the Open SS,
Pax/L, BSP/L, Street Tire and Novice Vettes and we average between
twelve and sixteen Vette entries each event - AND we don't have any
really fast RX-7's locally to put them in their place!!!   :-)

Scott Meyers

Don't forget Vipers were tossed from SS after one Nationals victory;
poor poor Corvettes, America's Sportscar  ;-)   Bring one those
cheerleaders........