Re: Vette-only Stock class

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vette-only Stock class
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:46:35 -0400
TeamZ3@aol.com (Mark Sipe) wrote:

> I can understand the position of the SCCA/SEB/SCAC to not want to end up with
> two diluted classes.  However, if a new class has the potential to outshine
> the old class then you don't end up with a dilution, but instead a shift to a
> higher level of attendance/involvement.

AMEN, BROTHER!

> IMO attendance for a Vette-only class will most likely rival anything
> ever seen in SS before.

Would it?

One wrinkle in this plan is there already exists a national 'Vette organization,
with their already established byzentene classing structure. What would VS offer
them that their own club currently does not?

I'm neutral on VS, but I'd *strongly* advise talking to some Corvette Club
people before writing any rules on paper.

There's another possibility: P3 seemed to work pretty well this year; could
C(1..4) 'Vettes prepared to Stock Class levels be allowed in ESP?

> I'd also be willing to bet that a number of Vette-related vendors would
> eventually step up to the plate with class-specific contingency support.

Why not go further, make establishment of VS be contingent (heh) on having some
contingency support from some 'Vette related vendors. Then you solve the problem
of "what does VS do for me that my Corvette Club class does not?"

Although, from experience, vendors like to sponsor cars/classes that showcase
their products. You won't get (for example) Vortech supporting VS if their
products are illegal in the class.

Hey Roger, are you listening? Or how about Bruce Wentzel? What do you guys
think?

DG