Vette-only Stock class

To: autox@autox.team.net, Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Vette-only Stock class
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:29:13 EDT
Andy,

I can understand the position of the SCCA/SEB/SCAC to not want to end up with
two diluted classes.  However, if a new class has the potential to outshine
the old class then you don't end up with a dilution, but instead a shift to a
higher level of attendance/involvement.  IMO attendance for a Vette-only
class will most likely rival anything ever seen in SS before.  It will then
be up to the remaining SS drivers to justify their class with their own
attendance figures.  Further, as you suggest this would also open up the SS
door as a home to all the new and upcoming Supercars.  Afterall, isn't that
why we call it Super Stock?

I'd also be willing to bet that a number of Vette-related vendors would
eventually step up to the plate with class-specific contingency support.
Since Chevrolet has shown little or no desire to provide contingency support,
and therefore could care less about marketing their vehicle as being better
than any other manufacturer's vehicle in our arena, a Vette-only Stock class
appears to offer enough potential benefit to Solo2 as to justify merit for
consideration.

Mark Sipe