Re: Vette-only Stock class

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Vette-only Stock class
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 11:26:19 -0700
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> > IMO attendance for a Vette-only class will most likely rival anything
> > ever seen in SS before.
>
> Would it?
>
> One wrinkle in this plan is there already exists a national 'Vette
>organization,
> with their already established byzentene classing structure. What would VS
>offer
> them that their own club currently does not?
>
> I'm neutral on VS, but I'd *strongly* advise talking to some Corvette Club
> people before writing any rules on paper.

        One REALLY big wrinkle, there would still only be one car that would be
the car to have. Whatever model vette is the hot one for autoxing will
be "the car to have" and all the rest will be an also-ran. As DG just
mentioned, why would someone bring their vette to the SCCA and loose to
a newer or better model vette in a single isolated class, when they can
run in the vette club in what is basically an "I" class already. If I
didn't want the level of competition that SCCA SoloII provides, I'd
stick with PCA for sure. Then the only cars I'd be up against would be
basically the same car as mine. But I chose SCCA as my primary venue
because I wanted the challenge and competition, which I will admit is
often quite formidable and daunting.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/