How Competitive is Autocrossing in the Northeast?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: How Competitive is Autocrossing in the Northeast?
From: Rob Foley <RobertJFoley@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:48:12 -0400
Boy did this one bring me out of lurk mode.  Had to even drag my pos laptop
out of a drawer to connect to an analog phoneline because of our network
firewall.

Not meant to be a flame attack, but what follows obviously really peed me
off!

I ask Mr. Foster  what events did he attend in the New York area?  I think
from previous posturing (posuering?) -not sure of the spelling but the pun
is intended, this dates from the late 80's/early 90's?  At any Fairfield
County Sports Car Club events?  Westchester SCC?, NNJR-SCCA? County College
of Morris?  Englishtown? I see NYR - SCCA.  Where?  Nassau Coliseum?  Floyd
Bennett Field?  Ever run a Tri State Championship  when around here? I ask
because I was one of the fast guys then, even driving a Omni or a Civic,
and I knew who the other fast guys were too, and he doesn't even ring the
faintest bell.

>From the tone of the message, I guess we still aren't very good, even
though NYR now has the reigning FS National Champion, not to mention all
the NER champions over the years.

People who live in glass houses full of holes shouldn't throw stones.

Rob Foley