Re: C4 Vette

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: C4 Vette
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:14:39 -0400
I am sure you all will be happy to know I did part of my homework
assignment. ;-)

I did find the '89 results. There were only 23 cars entered in SS in '89
so the Million Dollar field must have been a different year. But they
were all C4 Corvettes with Sheepboy taking yet another win in the yellow
'86.

1. Roger Johnson
2. Jerry Green Jr.
3. Peter Raymond
4. Thomas Nesbitt
5. John Carriere
6. Larry Dietmar
7. Paul Shaffer
8. Bert Swift
9. William Reitlow
10. Richard Delong
11. Paul Delong
12. Bob Williamson
13. Chuck Pearce
14. Al Prieto
15. Manny Panandreas
16. Jeff Payton
17. Jerry De Lara
18. Jim Giddings
19. Val Korry
20. David Ortega
21. Robert Roach
22. Bart Plumb
23. Mark Thornton (DQ)

Top 6 drivers were within 1 second of each other and 11 within 2 seconds
of the winner. I don't remember Mark Thornton's place before the DQ but
he was right up there too. (His wheels had 7/16" offset instead of
1/4".)

So you tell me. How many of these drivers still go to Nationals in other
cars and how many have quit?