Sway Bar Rules Change

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sway Bar Rules Change
From: Curtis Springstead <curt_springstead@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:20:47 -0400
Having fought this fight several years ago I am delighted to see this topic
open again. Some things have changed since I last wrote the SEB but I still
agree with the concept of run stock sway bars in stock cars.

Since I last did this more FWD cars are competing so that in many classes
the FWD and RWD have become segregated so I wonder just how much the apple
cart would be upset? If all the Miatas in B loose the front bar who will
know? Or all the Celicas in E?

I was told by the SEB that they were hesitant becasue of the investment of
the compettiors based on the current rule. To this I suggest we give a 2-3
year warning and let drivers do what they want. I don't recall a much
longer warning for my friends in H Stock who had their cars moved to E
Stock next year rendering them worthless over night. Bigger deal than a
sway bar to me.

So lets all write to the SEB what we feel aout the sway bars or you can
flame me and I will collect your input with that posted already and forward
it to them.

We need to find a way to get consensus opinions from Team.net "discussions"
forwarded to the SEB where it might do some good.

Curt Springstead
HS 98 Accord (so far)