Re: Sway Bar Rules Change

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sway Bar Rules Change
From: "Scott Hearne" <hondaman@speedynet.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:39:27 -0400
Curt Springstead writes:

> I was told by the SEB that they were hesitant becasue of the investment of
> the compettiors based on the current rule. To this I suggest we give a 2-3
> year warning and let drivers do what they want. I don't recall a much
> longer warning for my friends in H Stock who had their cars moved to E
> Stock next year rendering them worthless over night. Bigger deal than a
> sway bar to me.

It was no secret among most HS competitors that have attended Nationals the
last few years that the Toyota Celica ST and Mazda MX-6 four cylinder were
moving up to ES.

>From a local perspective or as one who has only recently joined SCCA I could
see where this might have caught someone off guard. If you on the other hand
have been a member of SCCA for several years you should have seen the
notices in FastTrack that were asking for member input on the reclassing of
the aforementioned cars. Nothing happens overnight as far as moving
previously classed cars to other classes. The proposed changes are always
published in FastTrack and the membership is always encouraged to comment.

I wonder how much grousing is going to go on when the proposed SP changes
are enacted? Those have been published since this past spring.

Scott Hearne
1987 Acura Integra HS