RE: Shocks as Springs (was Re: swaybars)

To: eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: RE: Shocks as Springs (was Re: swaybars)
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:51:02 -0400

> And since when did Neons get bumpstops like you described???

Well, I've never actually seen a Neon bumpstop - my stock Talon ones were
segmented, and I assumed the Neon ones were as well.

It doesn't really matter if they are or not, the principle is the same. In fact,
if they are just tapered then the effective spring rate increases progressively,
instead of in steps like a segmented stop does. And if it's not tapered, then
there's only one rate to worry about. (Unless the rate changes as the rubber
compacts... urk. Hulk brain hurt when Hulk think)

> Mine sure as
> heck never had 'em and I don't believe that the rules state that bumpstops
> are a "free" part in Stock.

I'm sure that Gazoo's bumpstops are legal - I've just mis-described them is all.

I'm blown away by the level of brilliance behind that design though - and by the
dedication it took to get them to work properly.

DG