re: Swaybars

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Swaybars
From: David Hillman <hillman@enteract.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:10:32 -0500 (CDT)
Paul Foster wrote...
> Seriously, the stock swaybar rule comes up so often it should be in the
> team.net FAQ. There are a number of good points on both sides of the
> issue. The two biggest points to me are:
>
> 1) It would lead to outrageously large swaybars that could not be driven
> on the street.
> 2) It could dramatically change the classing.

   It would seem to me that the already-posted suggestion of
grandfathering existing swaybar changes, and prohibiting all future cars
from doing so would not be subject to either of these problems.

   This seems to be the fairest way, to both new competitors and existing
ones.  I don't think grandfathering is a particularly elegant solution,
but there is precedent, with, at least, braided-steel brake lines in
Stock.

   Why, other than being slightly confusing to newcomers, is this a bad
idea?

   ( Stock oughtta be stock, except for wear and safety items. )

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 nma, scca, scscc, imoc