South Bend wins (was:Solonats on the Web)

To: "Bill Ozinga" <oz@tirerack.com>, "Stan Whitney" <dp25sdw@yahoo.com>
Subject: South Bend wins (was:Solonats on the Web)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 01:55:43 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Ozinga

>BTW, you guys think SFR's 20+ wins is a big deal? How many members are
>there? South Bend Region had seven wins one year, with less than 200
>members. Let's see any region beat that ratio.

And the numbers maven rises up again in dispute of wild-eyed claims.

Sorry, Bill, but just as SF never had 20, SB never had 7 in one year. In
fact, never even had 7 trophies. Best year was '88, when South Bend had 4
champs out of 6 trophy winners (STILL a very good ratio for a medium-small
Region). SB also had 6 in '95 with 2 champions.

In fact, other than San Francisco a bunch of times and New  England once
(1985), NO region has has seven champions in one Nationals. Other than SF,
six champs has been done seven times, two each for New England, Northwest
and Cal Club, once by Continental Divide.

--Rocky Entriken

(It's all there in my "Solo Stats" -- 1999 edition available in December for
$40)