Re: Gazoo/Wheel question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gazoo/Wheel question
From: "Mapman at Work" <mapman1138@interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:22:47 -0500
>25. Where did the Great Gazoo come from?
>
>Gazoo was exiled from his home planet, Zetox, for inventing a device that
could
>destroy the entire universe. As punishment, he was stranded on prehistoric
Earth
> and
>made to serve the "dumb-dumbs" who found him--Fred and Barney. Gazoo can
>apparently be seen and heard only by Fred and Barney, animals, children,
and his
>leader (the Great Gazam).
>
>It's "Gazoo".

I'm finally getting some good information from this list! ;o)

Real content:

I'm a novice autoxer/longtime nice-car-appreciator. I recently damaged at
least one of my wheels in a run in with a poorly marked construction site.
Can anyone tell me why it is bad to use a bent rim? Balance problems? Poor
seal with the tire? I'm lookin' for justification for spending $300 per rim
here. Also: Does anybody have experience with wheel reconditioners? Can a
well and truly bent rim be fixed well enough to be used on course again?

In addition to the wheel, the tire is damaged (unrelated incident) to the
point where it is unsalvageable. Replacing it has become a necessity. Will
the difference in wear between the new one and the older 3 (about 9,000
miles) be a problem? The older three still have plenty of tread despite the
9,000 road miles plus 3 events.

Thanks,

Mike Healy
97 Prelude