Camber kit question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Camber kit question
From: alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:21:36 -0400

Hi all, I've been lurking here on the list for a while enjoying the (mostly)
interesting subjects, and finally I have a reason to post something! :)

I autocross a 93 300ZX in FS, and when I had it aligned recently (it was
pullling left significantly) the shop had me agree to purchase camber kits for
the front and back just so they could pull the alignment into spec.  I checked
with the local Nissan dealer and sure enough they say that it is fairly common
for these cars to go out of spec beyond what the factory adjustments will allow.

I've been told on a Z car forum I belong to that the camber kits bump me to ASP,
and I DON'T want to be in that class!  I bought this car (only 2 months ago) to
race stock because I don't have the money or desire to invest in extensive
modifications to be competitive.  So long as the alignment is kept in spec am I
not legal in FS?  If there is no flexibiity in this rule I'm going to be very
upset!  I'll  be very thankful for any suggestions or advice.

Alan Chapman