Re: Swaybars

To: Bill Fuhrmann <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Swaybars
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:35:04 -0400
Bill Fuhrmann wrote:

> 88.5?  You got power steering?   Since they quit building Fieros in
> mid-year, wouldn't an 88.5 be a missing car?

I may have the year incorrect. Ex rivals Jim Martin and Franklin Wong
had them. I thought the rear suspension was 'fixed' in 88.5 but it may
have been '88. And yeah, GM dropped the model just after they 'fixed'
it. Too bad too because I always liked the looks. Franklin put a Ferrari
emblem on the front of his. And I got to drive it for one run at
Sacramento after I broke the control arm on my 944 on my first run. I
spun and lost valuable championship points because we were the last
group and only got 2 runs that day. But the car seemed very powerful
with very good handling.

Paul Foster