Re: long reach hex (allen) wrench source?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: long reach hex (allen) wrench source?
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:32:15 EDT

Kevin McCormick wrote:

 > I'm trying to find a 5mm Allen wrench with at least an 8" length -
 > preferably 12" - anyone have a source for this kind of thing?  A t-handle
 > would be best, but I'm not _that_ picky!  This is for an idea I have for
 > adjusting Koni compress and turn shocks while still on the car (spring
 > compressor not required for the springs, so should be do-able without
injury

Why not just go to Sears and get a 5mm hex on a socket and use a ratchet with
extensions?  Good luck on the compress and turn Koni while on the car.  I
have never been able to accomplish it with any confidence of setting it
exactly where I wanted it, at least not with the stock bumpstops in place.....

M Sipe