re : Why not "pro" cone chasers?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re : Why not "pro" cone chasers?
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:52:37 EDT
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote about paying cone shaggers.

I have often thought about this, especially with a young child
who I often bring to events. At a recent Zone-1 PCA event, we had
to work whenever we were not running (2 heats) and
I never saw my daughter but for a few minutes between heats.
That sucks however you look at it.

DG50 wrote

Jay "other than that, I think it's fine" Mitchell wrote :

> Uhh, well, how about "everybody who now autocrosses?"

Not at all. There are certainly people who would not like to
pay $50 to run, in that case they could get a worker's discount -
pay the standard entry fee and have to work a shift or two.
What's wrong with that? I don't like working, I do enough work
during the week with two full time jobs. I don't get to
see my autocrossing friends much anymore as I'm away
road racing a lot and would like to socialize
between runs. I lose hundreds of dollars in internet sales for
every autocross I attend (until I get a notebook with cell modem!)
so an extra $50 entry fee makes no difference to me and I would
gladly pay it. Others would not have to pay it if they don't want to.

Let the competitors decide if they want to work or not, and see
if this idea would fly. It beats having people like me stay
home because they can't get a babysitter (have you priced
a babysitter lately???).

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

www.analogman.com/911 - my racing pages

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com