Electric trailer winches

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric trailer winches
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:43:03 -0700 (PDT)
 As I recall, the original poster stated that he had a
7 pin connector on his tow vehicle. One of those 7
pins is a switched 12v supply and if it is a factory
or well done installation is 30amps or more. This is
handy. This will suffice for on road recharging of the
battery on the trailer. Also the separate trailer
battery will prevent draining the tow vehicle battery,
always an inconvenient thing. and work as a breakaway
brake power source, the drycells and such are always
corroded away and not maintained. Some 6 pin
connectors have this feature but there seems much less
standardization with 6 pins. 4 pins just have ground,
lights, and combined stop/turn functions. I suppose
you could use the light function as a recharge device
and go with daylight running lights like a Saturn toe
truck thing...8-)

=====
Dennis Hale