Re: Championship winning 89 Corvette 4 sale!(now nothing wrong with B/S

To: rob@f-body.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Championship winning 89 Corvette 4 sale!(now nothing wrong with B/SP)
From: Adam Popp <raft321@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:02:06 -0400
Hello team.netters! There's nothing wrong with the B/SP folks!Just
because 2 fast B/SP'ers from the westcoast r selling their C4's, doesn't
mean everybody is jumping ship from B/SP. This year was B/SP's biggest
class at the nationals in a few years! Plus there's a few people jumping
into the B/SP class 4 next year! I heard that this year's C Mod national
champion might be running next year in B/SP!

> Robert Glover wrote:
>
>  From: John Coffey <johncof@veriomail.com>
>
>  Scotty selling his car...  Rita is selling hers...  What's the deal with
>  the
>  BSP Vette folks?  Or is it just time to sell yellow cars?
>
>  This worries me too, because it seems everybody is jumping ship from BSP.
>  There are now only 2-3 national-level drivers I can think of on the west
>coast that still run in BSP(assuming that they haven't and I just haven't
>heard)

I know and heard that there are a lot of fast B/SPers in corvettes from
California and the westcoast. They just don't come to the nationals or
didn't this year!
  Lets see there's the Hobaughs in their beautiful red '65 vette.(I've
seen Brian Hobaugh run at the nationals and he is fast, he finished 2nd
right behind my brother in '96.)
James Fingerman finished 4th(trophied) this year in B/SP in his C4 and
he's from the westcoast(San Diego). There's Duke Langley in his red C4(I
think he's in Oregon or Washington now),whos really fast and there's a
bunch of old and fast vettes from California that run and if they came
out to the nationals, B/SP would be a really big class. And don't forget
Sias and Craig in the Datsun.

>  I like having lots of competition in a class... but now there's very little.

I'm with u on that one!

>  You'd think that with as many early C4s out there, more people would be
>  picking them up for BSP cars...
 There r more people picking them up now. I'm sure there will be more
next year running in B/SP!And I'm sure somebody is going to buy Scotty's
C4. So don't worry Rob, B/SP is going to be fine and might even get
bigger!

> Oh well, at least my car isn't yellow. :)
>
> Rob
> '86 Corvette Z51 BSP #42

Adam Popp
'86 Silver/Grey Corvette