Re: wheel question

To: Mike Healy <mapman1138@interaccess.com>
Subject: Re: wheel question
From: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:40:17 -0400
Mike,

In the Washington DC area, the designers are constrained to relatively small
lots, and the courses usually fold over themselves quite a few times. Don't
know what yours will be like, but I have a little advice:

I like to memorize the course in sections and name them. e.g. "Left sweeper
into skidpad left, then right slalom into big "L", then figure 8..." or
whatever. Put the course in your own words.

Then go through the course in your mind about ten times while you're strapped
in and waiting for your run. You should see every gate, or at least the
important ones.

Sometimes double cones are used to indicate an important gate, like entering
and exiting a skidpad element, or a gate that you use more than once at
different times.

Concentrate, and try not to let others distract you as you near the start of
your run.

John

--
John Crooke