Re: Buick Aluminum V8's

To: jwalter@ptra.com
Subject: Re: Buick Aluminum V8's
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:47:28 -0500
'Fraid that 1500 would be too big, James.  It would push me into
modified.  The largest (stock) engine ever available in a Mini was the
1275.  But I'm at a loss to know which Austin product would have had a
1500.  I do know that MG and Triumph both had them that size but
Austin?!?!?!?  Can any other British Dog help?

No idea what those aluminum V8s are going for but I'll bet anybody
with a TR8 would love to get his/her hands on a spare!

Were those Subarus the little 1970 model with the 360cc oil-injected
rear motor, VW-type fenders, 10-inch wheels, and suicide doors? I HAD
one of them that I bought used for $800 in '73, drove for awhile,
stored for awhile longer, and finally sold in '77.  It was an absolute
hoot!!  While we were married, I let the then-wife (she went away in
'74) drive our '73 Dodge Dart Sport (Demon, Duster, etc.) and I drove
the Subaru!  After she left "I" drove the Dodge and worked on the
Subaru!!!  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman