Re: Buick Aluminum V8's

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buick Aluminum V8's
From: LWOLFRACIN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:20:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/1999 04:11:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
autox-owner@autox.team.net writes:

>  No idea what those aluminum V8s are going for but I'll bet anybody
>  with a TR8 would love to get his/her hands on a spare!

you might be suprised to find out that they really arn't fetching big bucks,
the 215 was a great engine but just not big enough fo most of us Buick guys,
plus with the advancement of the 231(3.8 Litre) V-6 there was a much more
common alternitive, the 215 makes a really cool Hot Rod engine though! I'm
still wanting to do a 1st gen RX-7 with a 231 V-6 in it, I do have a spare
455 out of a 70 Electra 225 lying around  though......Naaaaa, just too evil
and I really don't feel like building a tube frame  :o)

Kurt"Wolfgang"Peterson
ITS/CSP #22
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1985 Buick Regal T-Type turbo 3.8 Litre