Re: Rear sway bars in stock

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear sway bars in stock
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:55:07 -0400

Then Mark said:

> And this wouldn't upset the current classing structure?  Probably the main
> difference between a DS neon and an ES neon is the rear bar...

If you mean that it would give another car a decent chance to keep up with a
Neon, then I say yes, it would upset it, and that's a good thing.  I don't
hate Neons - I have a healthy respect for them, and seriously considered
getting one.  As Josh said on another thread, "Know thine enemy." :)  But
I'd love to see more than one car consistently at the top of a class, making
it a race of machinery as well as pure driver skill.  When it's Neon vs.
Neon vs. Neon etc. etc. it sometimes gets a little boring to watch.  But if
it's Neon vs. Saturn vs. Civic vs. Escort GT...

I know, I know - if you wanna modify, go to the higher classes, and stock
should be stock.  I see and understand this logic, and actually agree with
it.  But with stock in the state it's in now, I think it would probably be
easier to make this one change rather than change the whole class structure
and banish most currently stock legal cars.  It would even the odds a bit
without a significant additional expense, and allow more cars to be
competitive - or, if nothing else, fun, like Loren said.

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus"
      (a rear bar is high on my list of things to do, and I'll gladly go
play with it in ST)
      83 320i "Igor" (still in the hospital)