Re: Rear sway bars in stock

To: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: Rear sway bars in stock
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:49:59 -0700
washburn wrote:

> Justin Hughes wrote:
>   But
> > I'd love to see more than one car consistently at the top of a class, making
> > it a race of machinery as well as pure driver skill.  When it's Neon vs.
> > Neon vs. Neon etc. etc. it sometimes gets a little boring to watch.  But if
> > it's Neon vs. Saturn vs. Civic vs. Escort GT...
>
> I will say this about the Neon spec class...it may be boring to watch,
> but if you really want to know where you stand as a driver it's the best
> place to go, IMO.

Nascar suffered when Dodge pulled out. It was very *interesting* as well
as exciting to watch Chevy, Ford and Dodge duke it out every race.

Most boring to watch or follow? A herd of same cars race after race
after race varying only in paint scheme, whether it be stock or other classes.

For Solo 2?  Hey, which Neon driver won this week? Or which MR-2 pilot? RX-7?

How about "Was it the MR-2, RX-7 or Shelby this time?. Wow, he did it!"

No argument it is a good driver ability gauge. But I submit that it is
not nearly as interesting as a good ol' fashioned 'street fight' where
the winner is not known in advance.

Don't know about you guys, but G Stock will actually be exciting next
year as we watch what develops there with the new players. I can hardly wait!

Scott Meyers

Looking forward to testing the E Stock
Neon/Celica waters with my 240SX next year