Re: lower cost improvements

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>, Ajstratton@aol.com
Subject: Re: lower cost improvements
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
--- Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net> wrote:

> Almost everyone I have spoken to has mentioned an
> increase of the
> feeling of "smoothness".

Okay, now _here's_ something that can be tested.  Any
increase in "smoothness" would presumably come from
fewer misfires.  It just so happens that 1996 and
newer cars with OBD-II engine diagnostics monitor
misfires along with a bazillion other things, and a
OBD-II scan tool can display this.  Seems like it
would be simple to swap wires and check whether there
is a quantitative difference to go with the
seat-of-the-pants feeling.  Anybody wanna loan me a
$3000 scan tool?  :)

Craig Blome