Re: Rear sway bars in stock

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear sway bars in stock
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:22:12 -0500
"Mark J. Andy" wrote:

> > A cheap, no factory rear bar havin' Saturn or <shudder> Neon would be a
> > lot more enjoyable to autocross if you could install that rear bar
> > without getting bumped out of Stock class.
>
> And this wouldn't upset the current classing structure?  Probably the main
> difference between a DS neon and an ES neon is the rear bar...

I wasn't the one who claimed it wouldn't upset things, that was Paul
and/or Meredith.  I was just feeding off of that statement.

As far as Neons go, "open" rear swaybars could help equalize the Neons,
possibly to the point that they could all be put into the same class...
wouldn't that be neat?  There would surely be some other reclassing
required after the top drivers/car developers find the new "hot setup"
for the popular cars, but I wouldn't expect an overwhelming amount of
it.

> (Yes, there are other differences.  No the DOHC isn't that big a deal.
> Yes, the ES spring rates are (I think) lower than the DS spring rates).

Remember how little I claimed to know about Hondas?  I know less about
Neons.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca