93 RX7 Base vs R1 packages

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 93 RX7 Base vs R1 packages
From: Brad Snakenberg <bsnake@usa.net>
Date: 25 Oct 99 18:16:37 EDT
I've recently purchased a 93 Base RX-7 and will be autocrossing in A-Stock. I
understand that I can install any suspension components that came from the
dealer on the same-year car, so my plan is to upgrade to an R-1 suspension (If
I'm wrong about this, please let me know).

My question is which parts were upgraded:

front sway bars? - can use aftermarket, so I don't care
rear sway bar?
springs?
shocks (yes) - can use aftermarket
rear control arms/bushings?
front strut bar (yes)
other?

Or do I have to install the whole package including aerodynamics so I don't
have a weight advantage over other R1's?

Thanks in advance,

bsnake@usa.net