Re: boxster?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: boxster?
From: Dennis S Pedersen <dennisp@rahul.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:01:02 -0700
>Porsche typically underestimates there figures

That is definitely true. I used a G-Tech Pro to time my bone-stock '99
Boxster and got it down to 0-60 in 6.25 and 1/4 mile in 14.87 @ 94.1 mph,
which is quite a bit better than the 6.7 and 15.1 that Porsche claims. The
magazines also got better results than Porsche's.

The '00 models have a bigger engine though (2.7 l instead of 2.5 l), and
should be about 0.3 seconds faster 0-60, or about 6.0 seconds. The S should
be about 1 second faster than my '99; I estimate 5.3 seconds or so.

--

Dennis S Pedersen

My Porsche Boxster web-site: http://www.rahul.net/dennisp/boxster/