Re: Novice advice (a short novel)

To: Jim Carr <jac@scri.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Novice advice (a short novel)
From: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:00:20 -0400
> > ...  when I wrote the Autocross FAQ a few
> > years ago.
> >
> > http://www.sfrscca.com/solo2/faq/
>
>  You wrote that?  Nice.  Your "beginner" page and that FAQ are
>  both fantastic.

Actually, I've been trying to be mindful to use the verb "compile" as
in, "When I compiled the Autocross FAQ a few years ago."

I wrote a good bit of it (with a novice's needs fresh in my mind
because, well, I was a novice), and I edited most of it for style, but
the Questions were all the questions I had as a novice, and the Answers
were supplied by posts on Team.Net and by scouring the net for
information in order to get it all in one place.

> What I find interesting is how much it overlaps
>  with two pages I wrote
>
>          http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~jac/Dixie/first.html
>          http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~jac/Dixie/faq.html
>
>  several years ago.  For details, however, nothing can beat the
>  book Kate Hughes wrote on the subject.  IMO that addresses some
>  of the questions about "what should I do next".

Kate's document is indeed a well-researched and well-organized one. I'm
grateful she wrote it.

John
--
John Crooke