Poly Bushing motor mount inserts

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Poly Bushing motor mount inserts
From: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:27:31 -0400
Hi All,

My motor mounts on a CSP CRX are shot and I'm looking for a little info on
"rulebook interpretation".  Energy Suspension and Prothane have both come
out with a product mainly for the import drag scene.  That product is
polyurethane motor mount inserts that fill the void in the stock rubber
molded ones.  It does not replace the rubber. They are far cheaper than new
stock mounts but would it be legal in street prepared?  I know the rulebook
states "solid motor mounts" aren't legal, so what's the scoop?  Would the
rubber/poly combo be considered "solid"?

As a side note, at my first "big event" (NE Div's) this year I got a good
look at some CSP Crx's that had an "engine torque suppression device"
installed.  I'm not sure which car it was, but I really liked the threaded
rod and spherical rod end setup on one of them.  Anyone care to share there
plans for making one?  Or where to buy one already made?

T H A N K S,

Tom Kearney
Finger Lakes Region
1989 CSP CRX