Re: Poly Bushing motor mount inserts

To: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Poly Bushing motor mount inserts
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:17:00 -0500
From: Kearney, Thomas <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>

>My motor mounts on a CSP CRX are shot and I'm looking for a little info on
>"rulebook interpretation".  Energy Suspension and Prothane have both come
>out with a product mainly for the import drag scene.  That product is
>polyurethane motor mount inserts that fill the void in the stock rubber
>molded ones.  It does not replace the rubber. They are far cheaper than new
>stock mounts but would it be legal in street prepared?  I know the rulebook
>states "solid motor mounts" aren't legal, so what's the scoop?  Would the
>rubber/poly combo be considered "solid"?

They would be considered non-stock, and that is all that is required to get
booted from Street Prepared.

>As a side note, at my first "big event" (NE Div's) this year I got a good
>look at some CSP Crx's that had an "engine torque suppression device"
>installed.  I'm not sure which car it was, but I really liked the threaded
>rod and spherical rod end setup on one of them.  Anyone care to share there
>plans for making one?  Or where to buy one already made?

Not hip to the beat place to put one of these devices on a Honda, but I will
bet that having one will end your motor mount problems.  Correctly placed, a
torque rod should prevent the forces that shredded your last set of stock
mounts.  My advice is put in new stock mounts and a torque rod and enjoy
your new solid driveline feel.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (FOR SALE), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/