Re: wanting info

To: Marc Smith <marcs@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: wanting info
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:05:12 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Marc Smith wrote:

> I was thinking of buying or finding an older rolling chassis from Malibu
> Grand Prix.  live rear axle, I/S inthe front 4 wheel disc brakes.  i
> would then shoehorn a small inline4 with and auto tranny or a large
> inline four motorcycle engine with sequential gearbox..  normally they
> run 25 horse Briggs with centrifugal clutch  : (
>
> Anybody know anybody at Malibu Grand Prix?  is this a good idea?  can
> the chassis handle the extra HP?

What class would this car end up running in?  If you don't know, why not
pick a class that you want to run in, and then get a car for it.  For
example, an F125 car, one of the Prepared classes, etc.  There are lots of
possibilites that don't cost a ton of money.

Do you need a second car by any chance?  I had an idea last night that I
was considering... I spec'd out a V6 Camaro, 5sp with the Y87 performance
package, and no other options.  That way it's 200 hp, 5sp, Torsen diff,
3.42 gears, and as lightweight as it's gonna get.  Add a set of Koni
doubles and some Kumho 245/45-16 tires, and for $17K you have what could
be a very good G-Stock car... at least enough to hopefully give the
Integra Type R's a good run.

Better yet, lease the car for 2-3 years... beat the living crap out of it
as an autox car, and in the end, you walk away from it owing nothing. :)

Rob