Fw: wanting info

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: wanting info
From: "EMARTENS" <acbs@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:02:56 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
To: Marc Smith <marcs@gdi.net>
Cc: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, October 28, 1999 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: wanting info

>Do you need a second car by any chance?  I had an idea last night that I
>was considering... I spec'd out a V6 Camaro, 5sp with the Y87 performance
>package, and no other options.  That way it's 200 hp, 5sp, Torsen diff,
>3.42 gears, and as lightweight as it's gonna get.  Add a set of Koni
>doubles and some Kumho 245/45-16 tires, and for $17K you have what could
>be a very good G-Stock car... at least enough to hopefully give the
>Integra Type R's a good run.
>
>Better yet, lease the car for 2-3 years... beat the living crap out of it
>as an autox car, and in the end, you walk away from it owing nothing. :)
>
>Rob

Been there done that..'99 base Camaro with NO options. Added tires and
shocks as you mentioned.
Will install Torsen but have to install Fog Lamps,Power Locks and cruise to
be legal..(Only from the minds of GM). I'm not sure you could get the Y87
W/O the 1SB package which includes previously mentioned options.
Torsen is a separate factory option, but you have to order 1SB to get it.
Anyway it is a very good combination.(I've had excellent results so far).
Edwin