RE: Pylon for October

To: "INTERNET:colinw@driverlabs.com" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pylon for October
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:20:38 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:colinw@driverlabs.com

" My understanding was that the SEB confirmed the RSR was classed in A
Prepared. I see a big difference between a clarification and "adding".
-Colin Watson"

The '97 Porsche 911 RSR 3.8 liter does not appear in the 1999 Solo II
rulebook.

        The SEB protest ruling does use the word "clarify" in its wordage,
claiming the real reason for classifying the car is because that's where
the Road Racing Comp Board put it. That they choose to play nomenclature
games is most unfortunate.
        The SEB does not HAVE to accept a Comp Board ruling and the
classification of the Lotus 7A is Exhibit A. The SEB put the 7A into A
Prepared over a decade ago because the 7A won three D Prepared titles in a
row. Pure and simple.

        The Solo Events Board statement is pure hokum. The SEB can put any
car any place it wants for Solo II competition. I drive a 948cc-powered
Lotus 7A, a marque that has just undergone a great deal of scrutiny by BOTH
the Comp Board and the National Board wherein they decided to keep it --the
Lotus 7A --in road racing's F Production where it competes against 1275
Sprites, etc. And yet for Solo II we are still in A Prepared rather than D
Prepared with the 1275 Sprites, etc.

        Please read a little further on how SCCA works, especially as to
the relationship of the Comp Board with the National BoD versus the Solo
Events Board and its relationship with the National BoD.

--John Kelly