Pylon for October

To: AlLL <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for October
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:54:44 -0500
North American Pylon's issue covering the 1999 SCCA Tire Rack Solo II
Nationals went into the mail yesterday.
                As part of our coverage of every class, we print the
complete results including results of protests.
        The 44-tabloid page issue should be in subscriber's hands across
the continent withing a week to 10 days. If you haven't seen it by a week
from today, please do all of us a favor and fill out the official Post
Office complaint form. We have been in touch with our local postal
authorities and have been assured the distribution center's key people have
all been replaced as they try to improve service which, to be completely
honest, has been rotten. Help us help you by filling out those complaint
forms.

        Also in this issue:
                Byron Short dissects Dr. Strelnieks' North Course
"operation."
                Ace Reporter Katie Kelly does a test drive on The Phantom.
(Mature readers will know this is a different creature than the purplish
cartoon character that used to be in Sunday's paper.)
                Pro Solo's finale (which marks the end, for a while at
least, of a cash payout).
                        Complete results of the Pro Solo finale.
                Davey and Joyce Looman recount their re-acquaintance with a
gymkhgana.
                Team.Net Driver to National J.D. Kemp tells us he had a
good time.
                Philadelphia Region does an event in Ridley Park, PA.
                NASA-east does Petersburg, VA.
                Columns by:
                        Pat Kelly
                        John Kelly (who chastises the SEB for adding the
Porsche 911 RSR 3.8 into A Prepared a mere 12 days before National.
                        Mark Sipe warns of people trying to persuade you to
do their protest, thus making you the goat if it fails.
                Garage Sale
                Calendar, which includes the planned itinerary for 2000 Pro
Solos and Tours.
                        (Please send us your 2000 calendars when you nail
them down.)
                A road test of BMW's speedy but weird looking M Coupe.

        New readers can subscribe by calling 1-800-KT-KELLY during 9-5 west
coast business hours and charging the $24 annual fee (12 monthly issues) to
Visa or MasterCard.
        Coming soon, a web site at: www.napylon.com
        We hope "soon" is less than seven days.

--John Kelly