Re: Speedways and Greg Moore's hit

To: pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedways and Greg Moore's hit
From: Mdmtrsport@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:51:18 EST
In a message dated 11/3/99 7:45:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, pfoster@gdi.net
writes:

> So how do you explain that Richie Hearn was subjected to virtually the
>  same forces and he didn't die the same way as you so graphically
>  describe???

Paul,
God knows I am not an expert, but Richie's impact did not subject him to the
same forces. He hit relatively sideways-flat. So the energy got spread
throughout the car. Greg Moore hit damn near in the non protected portion of
the cockpit, the weak point/Achilles heel of the open cockpit car. Almost the
entire force of impact was directly in the cockpit. So I would venture that
physics being physics, you had the same forces concentrated on the head of
pin, versus the shaft of the same pin.

As Roz and Dennis Miller say, this is just my opinion, I could be VERY wrong.

Mike Dickerson