Re: Speedways and Greg Moore's hit

To: pfoster@gdi.net
Subject: Re: Speedways and Greg Moore's hit
From: Mdmtrsport@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:45:44 EST
In a message dated 11/3/99 9:23:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, pfoster@gdi.net
writes:

> Sorry about that. It has now been over 30
> hours since the tragedy and I am still not over it...

Hell, Paul, this is understandable.

And neither am I. I just finished writing my op-ed column for my regional
newspaper, it was about this incident. It was good to get the writing out,
but was still tough to do. I talked about how the incident affected all of
the reporters and announcers. It was obvious. Which makes an interesting
point for our sport, in that even the reporters/journalists who are supposed
to be unbiased are human after all. It did affect them, and honestly, it is a
good thing.

Sort of like Dale Jarrett winning the Daytona 500, when Ned was given the go
ahead to make the final lap call. His emotions were unrestrained. And I think
that is actually part of these stories. It explains the sport in terms that
no amount of factual reporting could ever do.

That is why our passion is so special. And it transcends all facets of
motorsport.

We will carry on, our lives will be a little emptier.

Mike Dickerson