Re: Stolen Minis

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Stolen Minis
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:36:30 -0600
Matt Murray wrote:

> FWIW, the New England Region has a small (isn't that redundant?) group
> of Minis that show up at three or four events. They have their own
> Mini class. They and the spectators have a ball.

We used to have the same situation in our TLAC (Trans-Louisiana
Autocross Challenge) series.  Three little white Minis from
Shreveport, Lake Charles, and Baton Rouge - all running in DP.
Sometimes a fourth one, British Racing Green, would show up from
Alexandria.  We'd all grid together and run together.  All other
action stopped when the Minis were on course.  Earlier this year, I
went over to Dallas (Bedford) to run with Texas Region and we had
three Minis that day.  What a hoot!!

> Lastly, I first rode in a Mini in 1974. We drove up next to a new
> Honda Civic (may not have even been a CVCC motor it was soo long ago),
> and of course the Mini was shorter. I was always amused looking
> through the rusted floorboard. The family also owned (and still does
> own) a MGTD. The Mini has alas gone on to greener pastures.

My first Mini ride was in '67.  One of the guys in our rock band got
one for a high school graduation present.   We proceeded to tear up
the roads in and around San Antonio!!  I fell in love with the wee
little beasties then and, when I had the chance to buy one in '86, I
could hardly pass up the opportunity.

> I'll take you up on the co-drive one of these days, thanks for the
> offer!

You've got it!

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman