Rules Q: Ferrari TR in ASP?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Rules Q: Ferrari TR in ASP?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:49:00 -0800 (PST)
Hey all,

As tech inspector and chief class geek for my club,
I'm trying to answer a question about a member's car.
We have a chap with a late '80's Ferrari Testarossa he
wants to run in Street Prepared.  I think we're gonna
put him in ASP under the 'sports cars over 2 liters
NOC' catch-all, but he wants to know for certain
whether the car is unclassified for the purpose of the
production requirement in Chapter 14 (1000 in a 12
month period).  The TR doesn't make the production
cutoff...

Thoughts?  What takes precedence here?  (I know, local
club, no big deal, but humor me and pretend it's
Nationals.)

TIA,
Craig B.
Texas Spokes SCC
Austin, TX (really the best place to live in America,
but we bribed that magazine to put San Francisco ahead
:)