Re: Broken Miata Sway Bar mount question

To: "Team . net (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Broken Miata Sway Bar mount question
From: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:39:25 +0000
> From:          "Dale Kirstein" <kirstein@sprintmail.com>

> I just broke a front sway bar mount in my 92 Miata.
> Here's my question:
> The bracket is held on by 2 bolts and a spot weld on each side.
>It appears that the bolts are all the is needed to hold the bracket
on. Do I need to re-weld the new bracket on,

     You should weld the bracket on.  Welding costs money.  Auto
company beancounters will run over their grandmother to save money.
Most likely, the bolts are used to position the part before welding.
Welding also makes a stiffer joint (until it breaks).

Mike Lowe    mikelowe@phoenix.net    http://www.phoenix.net/~mikelowe
'96 Miata R (B Stock autocrosser)
'94 Miata Turbo (E Mod/OSP fun car -- power corrupts!)