Broken Miata Sway Bar mount question

To: "Team . net (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken Miata Sway Bar mount question
From: "Dale Kirstein" <kirstein@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:00:11 -0700
Hi there. Hope someone can help me with this. (I have been off the list for
some time so I have missed any recent talk about this). I just broke a front
sway bar mount in my 92 Miata. This is the part that is mounted to the main
frame, and the bracket that holds the sway bar on is bolted to it. I'm told
that this is common on Miatas that are autocrossed with a large front sway bar.

Here's my question:
The bracket is held on by 2 bolts and a spot weld on each side. It appears that
the bolts are all the is needed to hold the bracket on. Do I need to re-weld
the new bracket on, or can I just use the original bolts when I replace it? Has
anyone run with this bracket just bolted on for some time without problems? (I
suppose if your really stretch things it could be protestable in Stock class,
but that's not my main worry here).

Sorry if this has been talked to death already on the list. Feel free to email
me directly.

Thanks for the help

Dale Kirstein
Owner/Driver