Re: Broken Miata Sway Bar mount question

To: <mikelowe@pop.c-com.net>, "Team . net \(E-mail\)" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Broken Miata Sway Bar mount question
From: "Joe Goeke" <buttheat@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:13:17 -0800
I would replace it.  I and may others have had them break.  I had them
welded two times and they broke within 1 month of the fix.  I'm told the
spot welds just hold the part on the assembly line until the bolts are put
in to really hold it.  If this was replace at the dealer, they would drill
out the spot welds, and then bolt on a new bracket.   You can do the same.
Remember to over lube the mount bushing on the bar when you put it back
together, for this is what causes them to break.
---JCG