RE: Type R is GS

To: "'dg50@daimlerchrysler.com'" <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>,
Subject: RE: Type R is GS
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:55:55 -0600

I am of the definate opinion that driver makes much more difference than
car,
and that the top 6 or 7 different cars in GS are all rougly equivelent -
with a
slight edge to the Type R and DSM. If we had an event where we put an
Endicott
or a McKiver in a V6 F-Body up against a Bellom in a Type R or DSM, I'd put
my
money on the F-Body, no doubt about it.

DG

Doug, you are probably not familiar with Neal Bellamy, or his autox
talents, but he is definitely no slouch, and imho, could be considered a
"shoe."  Notice that he was the only F body in the trophies, at least in
the top 6 or so...This is  a guy who is extremely meticulous and somewhat
anal about both car and driver preparation, and consistantly whips up on
his competitors on a regular basis.  In my opinion, he stood just as good a
chance at winning against the "shoes" you mention above, as anyone in an F
body G Stocker.  Without taking anything away from Endicott or anyone else,
I seriously doubt they could have won in an F body, given the current crop
of cars and talented drivers in G Stock...

Phil O.