SP VTEC loophole

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SP VTEC loophole
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:58:32 -0500
DG wrote:

Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>

>> there are too many
>> cars with computer controlled camshaft timing
>> available today.

>Uhh, there aren't ANY cars with "computer controlled camshaft timing" out
there,
>in the sense where a computer directly controls the lift/duration of the
valves.
>What you get is multiple camshaft profiles (normally two), with the
switchover
>point between profiles computer contolled.

I thought that BMW's double VANOS system rotated the camshafts relative to
the crank via computer control. Also I know that Honda's next version of
VTEC ( called VTEC-i ) combines dual lobe camshafts under computer control
with computer controlled cam rotation. Can you spell flat torque curve? :-)
Expect to see it in Accords in 2001.

Regards,
Alan